Alexander Grigoryan is a new coach of FC “Urartu”24/11/2019
The former coach of FC "Tambov", Alexander Grigoryan, has been appointed the head coach of FC "Urartu".
Alexander Grigoryan has considerable coaching experience:
- More recently, he headed the Russian club "Tambov" (2019), whom he helped rise to the Premier League (RPL).
- He also worked with the famous club "Anji" (2017).
- Between 2015 and 2016 headed FC "SKA-Khabarovsk".
- Grigoryan also has considerable experience in women's football: in 2018, he led the CSKA women's team, and at the beginning of his coaching career, he worked with the women's clubs "Energia" (1999-2001), "Lada" (2002-2005) with which, as a result, achieved great achievements, having won the Russian Cup three times, as well as the 2004 Russian championship. Since 2007, he has been the head coach of "Perm Zvezda-2005", which, with his arrival, has become one of the leaders of women's football in Russia. With this team, he won all Russian tournaments and reached the final of the 2009 UEFA Women's Cup.
- In 2015, Grigoryan worked with clubs such as "Tosno" and "Pakhtakor", for the last one he was a consultant coach. In 2013, he headed “Mashuk-KMV”, and then, in the 2013/14 season, “Luch-Energia”, to which he later returned in 2018. In winter and spring of 2014, the Vladivostok team led by Alexander Grigoryan achieved a number of achievements: became the winner of the 2014 FNL Cup, defeating the Moscow "Torpedo" in the final, and reached the semifinal of the Russian Cup.
- For some time, Alexander Grigoryan headed FC "Khimki" (2011), and then the Khabarovsk club "SKA-Energia" (2011/12) (3rd place in the FNL before the winter break). Worked as a head coach in FC "Nizhny Novgorod" (2009-2010), the team took the best in their history 3rd place in the championship of the First Division of the PFL of the 2010 season.
FC “Urartu” is pleased to welcome Alexander Grigoryan. We are confident that he will help the team achieve numerous successes and victories.